Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 45 years experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgear, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards, Automatic Transfer Switches and Automatic Voltage Regulators is seeking to recruit a Product Design Technician.
The chosen candidates will form part of the design team responsible for the preparation of detailed mechanical design drawings and other support documentation.
The chosen candidates will liaise with the different sections to ensure that designs meet functional and safety expectations. The level of responsibility and autonomy will be commensurate with experience.
- Produce and update engineering design drawings and check system integrity.
- Prepare and update bill of materials and process routings.
- Prepare specifications for components and materials.
- Prepare and update machine program files.
- Maintain product documentation.
- A Mechanical Technician qualification in a related field
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications and CAD, preferably Solidworks.
- Good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive in fulfilling required duties.
- Ability to work in a team and be flexible in approach.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A welcoming and inclusive environment.
- A state-of-the-art working facility.
- Health insurance.
- Health surveillance check-ups.
- A dynamic work environment.
We will invest in your personal development. We are committed to providing constant learning and development opportunities to our employees.