Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 45 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgears, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators is seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer in the Testing and Product development department.
The chosen candidate will form part of a dynamic team responsible for the complete process from product design, manufacture, testing and project management. The selected candidate must be an energetic person with good leadership skills.
- Ensure products meet international standards and client requirements.
- Define and implement product testing procedures and plans.
- Prepare reports and implement product improvements.
- Effectively manage a team responsible for product development and testing.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- An Electrical Engineering Degree, preferably in Power engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team and be flexible in approach.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to keep abreast with emerging technologies.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Have excellent reasoning and creativity skills.
- Knowledge of CAD software will be considered an asset.
- A welcoming and inclusive environment.
- A state-of-the-art working facility.
- Health insurance.
- A dynamic work environment.
We will invest in your personal development. We are committed to provide constant learning and development opportunities to our employees.