Medelec Switchgear Ltd with 45 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air / gas insulated medium voltage switchgear, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators is seeking to recruit a Cleaner.
The Selected Candidate must be an energetic person, able to work under pressure and have a hands-on-approach.
- Clean premises (including offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, common areas, guard rooms etc.) in line with established cleaning routes. This includes, but is not limited to, washing, dusting, vacuuming and polishing and can involve dismantling of items such as blinds and curtain railings as well as moving of furniture as may be requirement;
- Use cleaning tools and products provided in a proper and diligent manner;
- Serve refreshments (hot and cold drinks, light snacks) to employees and visitors as directed, clear away used crockery and ensure that the office kitchen and equipment is properly cleaned and maintained;
- Deliver external/internal mail and other paperwork to different office blocks during the course of his/her daily duties;
- Washing and cleaning of fabrics such as curtains and bathroom or kitchen towels;
- To work in a responsible and discipline manner by using all health and safety aids provided;
- Actively assisting other employees during instances of absences of colleagues who carry out comparative duties such as temporarily substituting the Company’s receptionist or shop floor cleaners;
- To ensure compliance with established Health and Safety procedures in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures, international standards and local regulations in the daily operation of the Job.
The above should give an overall picture of the employee’s day-to-day responsibilities but should in no way be deemed to be an exhaustive list. Additional, related duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business exigencies and continuity.
- Completed secondary education
- Good reading, speaking and writing skills in both Maltese and English.
- Good housekeeping skills.
- Experience in a similar post or valid food handing licence would be considered an asset.